Arts & Business Scotland bring their Sponsorship and Crowdfuning Roadshow to Dundee
Date: Wednesday 23 May 2012
Venue: Dundee Contemporary Arts, 152 Nethergate, Dundee DD1 4DY
Learn about the latest ways arts and heritage organisations and practitioners can diversify income streams at this free half day event.
The afternoon will cover
· Business sponsorship of the arts
Business sponsorship can be a valuable source of income for the cultural sector. Learn about what it entails and how to go about it.
· The New Arts Sponsorship Grants scheme
A match funding scheme which aims to increase the number of businesses sponsoring the arts in Scotland by doubling the sponsorship benefits for companies sponsoring the arts for the first time.
· A&B Scotland’s new crowd-funding site
Crowdfunding is a way for organisations to raise money from private donations online. Donors can give varying amounts to a project and receive rewards from the organisation, which could vary between a pin badge, to an artist’s signed print or a ticket to see a show. www.angelsharesscotland.com
There will be a break with refreshments.
The event is suitable for:
· Cultural organisations of any size and arts practitioners who have considered sponsorship and would like to know more
· Cultural organisations of any size and arts practitioners who have been successful in obtaining sponsorship and would like to know more about the New Arts Sponsorship Grants scheme
· Cultural organisations of any size and arts practitioners who would like to know more about how to go about crowd-funding to raise income for their cultural project.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Katriona Holmes), or call 0131 556 3353, or visit http://artsandbusiness.org.uk/Events/2012/apr-jun/seminar_fundraising_dundee_23may.aspx.
The deadline is Friday 18 May 2012 at 12:00.