Be Transported - Scotland's Tay Country
All about Angus, Dundee, Fife and Perth & Kinross
The old saying was that film and TV can transport you to another place. In an era of screen tourism, whether it's around fact or fiction, people want to go there and do that.
As part of Tay Cities Deal. Scotland's Tay Country is seeing Angus, Dundee, Fife and Perth & Kinross working together to drive up tourism. As the Screen Office serving the region, we need your help to develop better information on what is on offer for tourism and all kinds of screen and if you're interested in working with production.
Some great websites to start your experience are:
There's a wide variety from luxury and world famous to comfort on a budget - some of the famous names are:
- Apex Hotel, Dundee - https://www.apexhotels.co.uk/destinations/dundee/apex-city-quay-hotel-spa/
- Indigo Hotel, Dundee - https://www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotels/gb/en/dundee/dndid/hoteldetail
- Malmaison Hotel, Dundee - https://www.malmaison.com/locations/dundee/
- Carnoustie Golf Hotel - https://bespokehotels.com/carnoustiegolfhotel/
- Gleneagles Hotel, Perthshire - https://gleneagles.com/
- Old Course Hotel, St. Andrews - https://www.oldcoursehotel.co.uk/
- Fairmont Hotel, St Andrews - https://www.fairmont.com/st-andrews-scotland/
We're in contact with regional hotels who know what it takes to be 'film crew friendly' - so whatever your budget or requirements, let us know and we'll put you in touch.
The climate is moderate whether at coastal level or deep into the highlands. In spring and summer temperatures range from 5c to 25c. Daylight is from as early as 5.00am until 8.00 to 10.00pm. Autumn and winter temperatures range from -5c to 10c. Daylight is from 8.30am until 4.00pm. Rain falls over an average of 175 days in the year - the region is sheltered and benefits from one of the best records for sunny days in the United Kingdom (over 14 hours).